Legends Lookback 24

One Year Ago

Slough Jets weekend concluded with a trip to Hampshire to take on the Basingstoke Bison for both league and cup points.

EPL_BASBasingstoke Bison 2 Slough Jets 0
English Premier Ice Hockey League & Premier Cup Match

After some impressive saves from Kamil Jarina the home team eventually broke the deadlock as Cam Wynn scored at 9.55 finishing from Karpov and Miller. It would turn out to be the only time the Slough netminder would be beaten in the game as he denied attempt after attempt. At the other end of the ice Dean Skinns enjoyed a relaxed start with just three shots recorded as being sent on the home team shot stopper.

An early altercation in the second period saw Alan Lack send away Andy Melachrino after some physical play was exchanged but despite both teams conceding powerplays neither could score and the middle period ended 1-0.

The third period saw the two referees dish out more penalties but still no change in the scoring. With 10.16 left in play Slava Koulikov called his team back to the bench for the time-out and then continued looking for the equaliser. At 58.55 the Slough net was left unprotected in favour of the extra attacker and despite some good pressure from Slough there was to be no equaliser. As the buzzer sounded Basingstoke’s second goal was awarded at 60.00 to Aaron Connolly scored into the empty net.

Basingstoke: Wynn, Connolly 1+0; Miller, Karpov, Rand 0+1. Net: Skinns (60.00) 20/0
Slough: Net: Jarina (58.55) 32/1 & Empty Net (1.05) 1/1

Period scores: 1-0/0-0/1-0
Shots On Goal: 20-33
Penalty Minutes: 22-16
Referees: S Hogarth & S Matthews. Linesmen: R Thrower & N Ormond

Two Years Ago

The second of the weekend’s two games between Slough and Guildford took place at the Spectrum.

EPL_GUIGuildford Flames 6 Slough Jets 3
English Premier Ice Hockey League & Premier Cup Match

Slough took the lead at 1.54 with a goal credited to Alex Barker, deflected into the net of a Guildford player but Rick Plant levelled up 21 seconds later with an unassisted goal. Guildford were well on top by the interval with further goals coming at 13.29 from Stuart Potts and a powerplay strike at 18.27 from David Savage.

The home team’s lead was further stretched at 27.22 with another powerplay strike, this one from Curtis Huppe and 39 seconds later Branislav Kvetan scored a shorthanded goal to make it 5-1. With no apparent road back it was a vital strike made by Tomas Valecko at 36.25 to keep Slough in the game.

Ben Campbell made it 6-2 at 43.11 with a good start to the final period by the home team before Slava Koulikov pulled back a goal at 49.34 with a powerplay goal to reduce the gap to three goals. The final 10 minutes passed by scoreless with neither team being their netminding opponents and Guildford took the second win of the weekend.

Guildford: Huppe 1+2; Longstaff 0+3; Savage 1+1; Potts, Plant, Campbell 1+0; Liddiard 0+1. Net: Lee (60.00) 34/3
Slough: Bakrlik 0+2; Barker, Valecko, Koulikov 1+0; Connolly, Kieras 0+1. Net: Rockman (60.00) 36/6

Period scores: 3-1/2-1/1-1
Shots On Goal: 34-26
Penalty Minutes: 58-28
Referee: M Thompson. Linesmen: S Hogarth & R Belfitt
Attendance: 1520

Guildford: Lee, Liddiard, Savage, Greenfield, Potts, Plant, Melicherik, Longstaff, Holland, Hadfield, Kvetan, Kohut, Huppe, Campbell, Skene, Hemmings, Sharp, Lundin
Slough: Scott, Wales, Greener, Barker, Connolly, Davies, Rose, Godfrey, Miles, Pliskauskas, Kieras, Towalski, Milton, Rockman, Valecko, Koulikov, Bakrlik

Three Years Ago

Slough Jets made another trip across Berkshire to the Hive to face near neighbours Bracknell Bees.

EPL_BRABracknell Bees 4 Slough Jets 5 (after penalty shots)
League Match

It took the first powerplay opportunity, offered by the home team for the scoring to be opened when Ryan Watt scored a powerplay goal at 3.57. 13.48 saw Peter Jasik equalise for Bracknell but two quick-fire goals from Adam Calder and Darius Pliskauskas at 14.09 and 14.45 saw Slough end the period 1-3 ahead.

Powerplay opportunities were traded at the start of the 2nd period but it took until there was 3.07 left in the middle period for the only goal to be scored on the Slough net when Carl Graham finished from Shaun Thompson & Jasik, heading to the interval 2-3.

Just 32 seconds into the third period Bracknell netted a powerplay goal from Lukas Smital to level up the game but 67 seconds later Adam Calder scored to take back the lead for the visitors. James Galazzi scored at 49.27 to equalise and with no further scoring the game went to overtime.

The extra 5 minute period, played 4 on 4 couldn’t separate the teams so penalty shots followed. In the 3 compulsory shots Barker, Thompson and Foord missed for the Bees while Pliskauskas, Calder and Connolly missed for the Jets. With no result from the 3 penalty shots sudden death penalties saw the result decided when Lamey missed Dan Davies won the game for Slough by netting his penalty shot against Carl Ambler.

Bracknell: Jasik 1+1; Galazzi, Smital, Graham 1+0; Lamey, Thompson, Bowman, Munroe, Masa, Spearing 0+1. Net: Ambler (65.00) 43/4
Slough: Calder 2+1; Sheppard 0+3; J Greener 0+2; Pliskauskas, Watt 1+0; Davies, Carlon 0+1. Game winning penalty (Davies) 1+0. Net: Rockman (65.00) 30/4

Period scores: 1-3/1-0/2-1/0-0/0-1
Shots On Goal: 43-30
Penalty Minutes: 12-14
Referee: J Tottman. Linesmen: J Llalonde & R Cooper

Four Years Ago

Slough Jets travelled to Sheffield to take on the Steeldogs for the second time this season at Ice Sheffield.

EPL_SHESheffield Steeldogs 1 Slough Jets 3
The teams played out a scoreless opening period with honours even. The visitors edged the shot count 10-12 but both teams rested for the first interval at 0-0

Back out in the second period Sheffield forged ahead at 29.21 when Hirst beat Slough’s back-up netminder Ryan Bainborough in net for his first start of the season. Within five minutes Darius Pliskauskas had levelled the game at 1-1 when he scored against Ben Bowns at 34.13 and once again the teams enjoyed the interval level, this time at 1-1.

Slough made a bright start in the third period and Slava Koulikov scored the game winning goal 3.22 in. Shaun Thompson scored a safety goal at 47.26 making it 1-3. Aaron Strawson and Joe Greener received doubling roughing minors at 55.51 but despite the extra open ice and despite Sheffield opting for 46 seconds of empty net Slough retained their two goal lead and collected two points.

Sheffield: Hirst 1+0; Elliot, Brittle 0+1. Net: Bowns (59.14) 42/3 & Empty Net (0.46) 0/0
Slough: Koulikov 1+1; Pliskauskas, Thompson 1+0; Sheppard, Connolly, Bowman, Philiips, J Greener 0+1. Net: Bainborough (60.00) 23/1

Period Scores: 0-0/1-1/0-2
Shots On Goal: 42-23
Penalty Minutes: 10-8
Referee: D Emmerson. Linesmen: J Liptrott & D Beresford
Attendance: 248

Five Years Ago

Slough travelled to Basingstoke for their first visit since the two teams re-engaged competition this season.

EPL_BASBasingstoke Bison 2 Slough Jets 4
Paddy Ward opened up the visitors account with a delayed penalty goal at 7.05. Slough continued with the shot advantage but the home team kept themselves in the period when Ondrej Lauko converted a powerplay at 17.09.

Basingstoke took the lead at 24.35 with their second powerplay goal when Andy Hemmings scored but Dan Davies had the game levelled up again at 25.13. The combined 21 shots in the period resulted in just the two goals and the teams headed to the second interval having shared two 1-1 periods.

The third period continued as the first two had played out with neither team being able to pull away until the final 5 minutes of the game. Joe Greener put Slough ahead at 55.53 and Peter Poljacek then added a safety margin goal at 56.32 and the home team couldn’t come back.

Basingstoke:Lauko 1+1; Hemmings 1+0; Moria, Keiras, Long 0+1. Net: Annetts (60.00) 38/4
Slough: Davies, Poljacek, J Greener 1+1; Emersic 0+2; Ward 1+0; Jasik, Koulikov 0+1. Net: Rockman (60.00) 20/2

Period Scores: 1-1/1-1/0-2
Shots On Goal: 38-20
Penalty Minutes: 14-6
Time-outs: 59.38 / –
Referee: N Bonniface. Linesmen: P Brooks & S Davis
Attendance: 658

Updated: November 13, 2014 — 12:31 pm
Frontier Theme