Legends lookback 32

One Year Ago

Day Off

Two Years Ago

Slough Jets travelled to Milton Keynes and went into the game missing Connolly and Godfrey on GB Under 20 duty, Miles injured and Bakrlik absent through illness.

EPL_MILMilton Keynes Lightning 5 Slough Jets 4
English Premier Ice Hockey League Match

The visitors scored the first goal of the game after a scoreless opening period it was Michael Wales that scored a powerplay goal on his former team at 21.57 and Slough held the lead for 13.57 until Blaz Emersic scored on his former team to level at 1-1 with 4.10 left in the opening period. Nick Chinn left the game with a match and game penalty for roughing at 36.27 and Adam Carr put Milton Keynes ahead with a shorthanded strike timed at 39.59.

The start to the third period saw a frenzy of goals with Darius Pliskauskas converting the powerplay Carr had earlier scored shorthanded on with a powerplay goal at 40.53 and Player/Coach Slava Koulikov gave his team back the lead with a goal at 41.27. Leigh Jamieson made it 3-3 with a powerplay strike at 42.47 and an even strength goal from the same player at 43.49 made it 4-3 in favour of the home team. Dan Davies levelled the game again just 23 seconds from the half way point in the period but Grant McPherson scored the game winner on the powerplay with 6.24 left to play with the third special team goal for Milton Keynes.

Milton Keynes stats: Jamieson 2+1; Emersic 1+2; Tvrdek, Christie 0+2; McPherson, Carr 1+0; Zatopek, Poole 0+1. Net: Wall (60.00) 33/4
Slough stats: Wales, Pliskauskas, Koulikov 1+1; Barker, Kieras 0+2; Davies 1+0; Greener 0+1. Net: Rockman (60.00) 40/5

Period scores: 0-0/2-1/3-3
Shots On Goal: 33-40
Penalty Minutes: 57-30
Referee: Hewitt. Linesmen: E Fusco & T Gillingham

Milton Keynes: Harris, Emersic, McPherson, Carr, Jamieson, Green, Tvrdek, Brittle, Chinn, Mettam, Bowers, Christie, Zatopek, Poole, Wall
Slough: Scott, Wales, Greener, Barker, Davies, Towalski, Rose, Pick, Pliskauskas, Kieras, Milton, Rockman, Valecko, Koulikov

Three Years Ago

Slough Jets journeyed to Milton Keynes to play a league match that’s also their last cup qualification match.

EPL_MILMilton Keynes Lightning 5 Slough Jets 4
League & Cup Match

The home team enjoyed a great start to the game with a three goal unanswered period. Nick Poole opened the scoring at 12.16 and Leigh Jamieson doubled up at 15.44. Poole scored a powerplay goal with 2.08 left in the first period and at the interval Milton Keynes held the advantage.

Slough staged a comeback in the second period but only after Blaz Emersic had scored past his former team to make it 4-0. Adam Calder netted at 27.54 to get the visitors on the board and Doug Sheppard converted a powerplay at 28.50 to half the deficit. Calder found the back of the net a second time at 35.08 to make it 4-3 and set up a tense final period.

4.14 into the third period Darius Pliskauskas levelled the game with Slough’s 4th goal but Milton Keynes capitalised on a Tom Carlon penalty when Juraj Gracic netted a powerplay goal at 51.56. Milton Keynes lost Gracic to a 5+game check from behind penalty after a hit on Joe Greener. Defending his brother Adam Greener was awarded a match penalty for cross checking, and a 10 a game penalty for abuse of official. Slough called their time-out at 58.58 and despite playing 56 seconds with an extra attacker and empty net it was the home team who hung on for the points to split the weekend results.

Milton Keynes: Poole 2+2; Emersic, Jamieson 1+1; Carr, Brittle 0+2. Net: Mettam (60.00) 37/4
Slough: Calder 2+1; Sheppard 1+1; J Greener 0+2; Pliskauskas 1+0; Davies, Watt 0+1. Net: Rockman (59.04) 39/5 & Empty Net (0.56) 0/0

Period Scores: 3-0/1-3/1-1
Shots On Goal: 37-39
Penalty Minutes: 37-77
Referee: A Decaux. Linesmen: S Hogarth, J Earl
Attendance: 680

Four Years Ago

Slough Jets lined up for their second home game of the weekend and this time faced the Basingstoke Bison.

EPL_BASSlough Jets 2 Basingstoke Bison 3
Slough took on a slightly different look as Michael Bowman took charge and consequently didn’t ice. After a fairly even start Basingstoke nudged ahead with Andy Hemmings scoring at 16.08 but a powerplay goal with just 30 seconds left in the period from Steve Moria made it 0-2 going to the interval.

Adam Greener and Victor Kubenko came together at the end of the first period and started the second serving their assessed double roughing minors. Both players rejoined the ice at the stoppage resulting from Doug Sheppard pulling back a goal at 24.11. Meanwhile Ryan Watt and Kurt Reynolds had attracted double roughing minors and the game continued to become more physical.

Back out in the third and the physical play continued resulting in Billy Phillips and Robbie Brown attracting more 2+2 roughing calls and still at full strength Kubenko netted to make it 3-1. A further penalty to Mindy Keiras gave the home team a powerplay advantage and Sheppard netted his second goal of the night at 51.37 to reduce the deficit to one but despite 48 seconds of empty net and a last minute time out call Kubenko’s strike remained the game winning goal.

Slough: Sheppard 2+0; Ward 0+2; Thompson, Greener 0+1. Net: Rockman (59.12) 34/3 & Empty Net (0.48) 0/0
Basingstoke: Kubenko, Hemmings, Moria 1+0; Reynolds, Brown, Chinn, Lauko, Graham 0+1. Net: Skinns (60.00) 47/2

Period Scores: 0-2/1-0/1-1
Shots On Goal: 34-47
Penalty Minutes: 20-24
Referee: R Szucs. Linesmen: N Mihinick & S Hogarth
Attendance: 338

Five Years Ago

Day Off

Updated: December 17, 2014 — 6:42 pm
Frontier Theme