Legends Lookback 36

One Year Ago

The second game of the weekend for the Slough Jets saw them make the short journey to Guildford to face the Flames on Spectrum ice.

EPL_GUIGuildford Flames 4 Slough Jets 0
English Premier Ice Hockey League Match

Andrew Hemmings opened the scoring at 2.07 and his goal was followed at 8.15 by Tom Duggan doubling the lead.

The second period passed by scoreless with the 40 minute mark arriving with the score still 2-0.

David Savage made it 3-0 just 3.06 into the final period and with the shut-out looming Andrew Sharp made it 4-0 at 58.58 to complete the scoring.

Guildford: Longstaff 0+2; Savage, Hemmings, Duggan, Sharp 1+0; Liddiard, Potts, Kristoffersson, Skene 0+1. Net: Lee (60.00) 28/0
Slough: Net: Milton (60.00) 31/4

Period scores: 2-0/0-0/2-0
Shots On Goal: 28-31
Penalty Minutes: 43-10
Referees: M Thompson & T Pickett. Linesmen: J Lalonde & A Gipps

Two Years Ago

With their first win under their belt against Bracknell the night before Slough travelled to Peterborough for the final time in the regular season.

EPL_PETPeterborough Phantoms 3 Slough Jets 4
After penalty shots
English Premier Ice Hockey League Match

Dan Davies opened the scoring at 2.39 with a powerplay goal at 2.39, 23 seconds into a penalty to Will Weldon but at 6.03 Ondrej Lauko levelled at 1-1 with a delayed penalty goal. The teams traded powerplays through the rest of the 1st period but at 16.55 Darius Pliskauskas made it 1-2 and the visitors held the lead at the interval.

It took just 32 seconds of the second period for the home team to equalise through Luke Ferrara and they continued in attacking style sending 14 shots on Gregg Rockman while Damien King faced just 6.

62 seconds into the final period of regulation time Maris Ziedins netted the goal ahead goal for Peteborough and it took a powerplay opportunity for Pliskauskas to score his second of the night at 56.04 to level up and ultimately send the game to overtime.

The extra period also failed to separate the teams so the game continued to penalties. Lauko shot first and scored, as did Dan Davies for Slough leaving it tied at 1-1. Ferrara was saved and Pliskauskas netted in the second round and when Jeff Glowa missed Slough gained the extra goal and took full points from the game.

Peterborough stats: L Ferrara, Ziedins 1+1; Glowa 0+2; Lauko 1+0; Carlon 0+1. Net: King (65.00) 33/3
Slough stats: Pliskauskas 2+0; Davies 1+1; Kieras 0+2; Valecko, Koulikov, Bakrlik 0+1. Net: Rockman (65.00) 43/3

Period scores: 1-2/1-0/0-1/0-0/0-1
Shots On Goal: 35-43
Penalty Minutes: 24-16
Referees: M Thompson & P Popluhar. Linesmen: P O’Neil & J Wilson

Peterborough: King, Norton, Whyte, Line, Hook, Glowa, Pollard, Cownie, J Ferrara, L Ferrara, T Carlon, Barber, Weldon, Lane, Ziedins, Lauko, Graham, Sladok, Pick
Slough: Scott, Wales, Greener, Barker, Davies, Godfrey, T Miles, Towalski, Rose, Pliskaukas, Kieras, Milton, B Miles, Rockman, Valecko, Koulikov, Bakrlik

Three Years Ago

Slough’ second game of the weekend saw them journey to Sheffield to take on the Steeldogs

EPL_SHESheffield Steeldogs 4 Slough Jets 2
League Match

It took just 166 seconds for Sheffield to take the lead when Andrew Hirst beat Gregg Rockman for the games opening goal. With little in between the teams Mindy Kieras levelled the game at 13.23 and both teams shared the spoils of the first period.

Back in the second period and Slough outshot their opponents but it was another split period with Sheffield going back ahead at 27.27 with a Ozolins goal before Darius Pliskauskas levelled the game at 2-2 with his 33.42 goal.

Slough dominated the shooting in the third period, outshooting Sheffield by 14-6 but Gomenuik put the home team ahead with 11.46 left in the game. Payette called the Sheffield time-out at 48.39 and later Doug Sheppard called the Slough time-out at 57.54. For the second time in the weekend Slough lost out on the empty net gamble as Ozolins scored at 59.41 while Slough used the extra attacker.

Sheffield: Ozolins 2+0; Hirst 1+1; Gomenuik 1+0; Duncombe, Elliot, Sykes, Wood, Brittle 0+1. Net: Bowns (60.00) 41/2
Slough: Kieras 1+1; Pliskauskas 1+0; Sheppard, Calder, Watt 0+1. Net: Rockman (59.46) 20/3 & Empty Net (0.14) 1/1

Period Scores: 1-1/1-1/2-0
Shots On Goal: 41-21
Penalty Minutes: 16-16
Referee: D Boardman. Linesmen: D Beresford & S Campbell
Attendance: 425

Four Years Ago

Day off

Five Years Ago

Slough’s first road trip of 2010 saw them make the long journey up north to Altrincham to face the Manchester Phoenix

EPL_MANManchester Phoenix 6 Slough Jets 7 (OT)
Manchester got off to a bright start when Walker netted just 37 seconds in. 1.05 later Manchester were 2-0 ahead when Bowie found the back of the net but Blaz Emersic scored his first of the night at 7.05 to pull a goal back. The period saw Slough denied a goal and netminder Gregg Rockman saving a penalty shot to end up 2-1.

Tony Hand gave the home team the first goal of the middle period at 21.46 but the 2nd period belonged to Slough as they carved out a lead. Emersic scored his second at 28.12 and completed a straight hat-trick at 33.51 before Hand scored his second at 34.34. Dan Davies broke Emeric’s scoring streak with Slough’s fourth at 38.11 but the captain netted his personal fourth at 38.38 to make it 4-5 after 40 minutes.

Davies scored his second 2 minutes into the third period and Slough retained their two goal lead until there were just over 2 miuntes left and Walker netted for the home team at 57.56. Hand called his time-out at 58.27 and 4 seconds later it was 6-6 thanks to a Lachowicz goal. Peter Russell used Slough’s time-out with 44 seconds remaining and the teams went to overtime with the visitors 11 seconds into a penalty kill.

Slough killed the remainder of the Adam Greener penalty and 3.29 in it was Blaz Emersic who scored his fifth to secure the game for the visitors.

Manchester: Hand, Walker 2+2; Hagelburg 0+3; Lachowicz 1+2; Bowie 1+0; Mattson, Boothroyd, Wood 0+1. Net: Fone (63.29) 30/7
Slough: Emersic 5+2; Davies 2+4; Poljacek 0+5; Koulikov, J Greener 0+1. Net: Rockman (63.29) 35/6

Period Scores: 2-1/2-4/2-1/0-1
Shots On GoalL 30-35
Penalty Minutes: 24-16
Time-outs: 58:27 / 59:16
Referee: S Wardell. Linesmen: L Hetherington & L Sewell
Attendance: 1056

Updated: January 2, 2015 — 6:55 pm
Frontier Theme